It’s exciting to find halloween dog costumes before November starts. However, there are things we need to consider in picking up the best Halloween costume for our dogs.
- Get them ready – Dog’s, in general, are not used to wearing costumes. The best way you can get them ready is by letting them prepare gradually. To start, you may use a simple cotton shirt, when they get used to it, add on some scarf until they can bear wearing an entire costume.
- Ensure Safety – According to Dr. Marty Becker, a veterinarian, he has seen not just dogs but cats encountering accidents because of their costumes. He’d seen how a cat’s tail was set on fire by just wearing a jack-o’-lantern costume and a dog who felt an excruciating stomach pain due to a massive ingestion of everything inside a trick or treat box.
You don’t want these accidents to happen. Make sure that to eliminate the following:
- Unnecessary buttons – Buttons that can be reached by the dog’s mouth
- Excessive Fabrics – These extra fabrics can cause to light a fire, it’s better to cut them off when not needed.
- Sharp objects – Objects that can harm your dogs should be eliminated.
- Comfortable yet spooky costumes – Many halloween dog costumes can offer comfort without compromising its style. Considering you have a small dog, such as Pomeranian or Yorkshire Terrier, you wanted to buy the best small Halloween costumes for your pumpkin, this won’t be a problem if you visit bitchnewyork.com, they have a variety of comfortable and creepiest Halloween costumes to choose from. You may choose from the smallest to largest dog costumes, it’s available.
- Find inspiration online – You can find inspiration for small and big dog Halloween costumes online. You may search for some costume guides from Pinterest depending on what suits your dog – A vampire, superman, incredible hulk, scarecrow inspired are just some inspiration to choose from. Check it out at Bitch New York
- Mobility and visibility – You don’t want to see your dog all wrapped up with white clothing to look like a “mummy” just to be part of the best small dog Halloween costumes at the party.
Let’s consider the following to ensure appropriate mobility and visibility:
- Avoid tight costumes – You want to make your dog breathe and be happy with a free spirit, let them play around by avoiding tight costumes. A perfect costume should suit their size.
- Avoid overdressing – Overdressing will keep them away from your visibility. It should always be simple yet classy.
- Avoid textile that’s not Veterinarian approved – Beginning from small to large dog costumes for Halloween, you should always check your vet’s approval when choosing a textile that suits your dog’s style and health. Some dogs are allergic to some textiles. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Themes are still in – Yes, if you want to be twinning with your dogs, themed costumes are what you’re looking for, consider the following:
- Dora the Explorer and Boots
- Ariel and Sebastian (The Little Mermaid)
- Doctor and nurse (Hospital)
- Beauty and the Beast
Let your dogs enjoy this coming Halloween party. You may visit bitchnewyork.com for more unique and high-quality halloween dog costumes for your lovely dogs.